Directory / project-icarus-importer / README.md
You are browsing a mirror of a file hosted on GitHub. View original
The cryptographic primitives used in Cardano SL.
- A simplified interface to access the AES encryption functionality in the cryptonite library. It uses AES256 CTR mode with IV = 0.
- Cryptographic hashing (again using the cryptonite library).
- A wrapper around the scrypt library used for password-based key derivation functions.
- A wrapper around pvss-haskell for Verifiable Secret Sharing (VSS).
- Secure generation of cryptographically random numbers and
- Hierarchical derivation functionality for Hierarchical Deterministic key creation (ie for the wallet).
- Cryptographic signing and signature checking.
Bi(serialisation, see the cardano-sl-binary package) instances for the cryptographic data types.